Written Tales General Submissions
Written Tales magazine is self-funded; currently, we do not pay for submissions. Please keep checking back as we update our guidelines often. To learn more about the magazine, please read our about page.
Selected work will appear on our website and shared across multiple social channels. If you have questions, please contact us.
Read our submission guidelines for full details.
- One (1) submission per entry. Multiple entries are welcome. Submissions with more than one entry per form will not be accepted.
- Short stories cannot be over 1500 words max.
- We do not accept published work. We will consider reprints if you, the author, maintain the rights to the work.
- Entries with basic spelling or grammar errors will be rejected. Please double-check your work before submitting.
- No A.I.-derived work is allowed of any kind.
- Submissions not properly formatted will be rejected. Please add paragraph breaks before submitting.
- Any author we select for publication is offered a coupon for 20% off our subscriptions. The subscription includes access to all content on writtentales.substack.com, including past, current, and future e-ChapBooks.
- You must read and agree to the disclaimer below to submit your work.
To read the complete details of our guidelines, please click submission guidelines.