Submissions Open — WT Chapbook vol. XI
Submission Closes In
Welcome to ‘Nostalgia,’ our theme for Chapbook vol. XI. We invite you to share your stories and feelings, including moments of longing, cherished recollections, and heartfelt sentiment. Nostalgia is about reflecting on the past. Whether through poems or stories, we want to hear how you connect with your experiences. Join us in creating a collection that celebrates our shared connection to these emotions, from moments of homesickness to the warmth of reminiscence. Your submission to our Chapbook is your chance to evoke these powerful feelings and share them with the world.
- The nostalgia of past relationships.
- The memories of carefree childhood days and innocence.
- The charm of favorite locations, like hometowns or childhood neighborhoods.
- The allure of historical events or bygone eras.
- The resonance of art, music, or pop culture from the past.
- The reflection on personal journeys, growth, and the passage of time.
- The richness of family stories, anecdotes, or generational heritage.
- The longing for a sense of home and what it represents.
- The influence of natural landscapes and environments.
- The weight of unspoken apologies and regret for words left unsaid.
No matter what it may be, submit your piece and let us see what “ Nostalgia” means to you.
Guidelines For .
- One (1) submission per entry with no more than four (4) total submissions. Submission with more than one entry per form will not be accepted.
- Short stories cannot be over 1500 words max.
- All work submitted must be original and written by you, the author. We seek unpublished work for our chapbooks.
- No A.I. derived work allowed of any kind.
- Entries with basic spelling or grammar errors will be rejected. Please double-check your work before submitting.
- Submissions not properly formatted will be rejected. Please add paragraph breaks before submitting.
- Please include your name or pen name, bio, and website in the form below as we list it in the “Writers Bio” section. Bio should be written in the third person. If bio is missing, we will not consider your submission for publication.
- All selected authors for the Chapbook will receive a copy of the e-book edition via a download link.
- Any author we select for publication is offered a coupon for 20% off our subscriptions. This include access to all content on writtentales.substack.com including past, current and future e-ChapBooks.
- You must read and agree to the disclaimer below to submit your work.
- To read the complete details of our guidelines, please click submission guidelines.
Written Tales magazine is self-funded; we are not able to pay for submission at this time. Please keep checking back as we update our guidelines often. To learn more about the magazine, please read our about page.
Selected work will appear on our website with a chance to be featured in our Written Tales Chapbook. They’re available to paid subscribers in multiple digital formats. Those authors selected for the Chapbook will receive a free digital copy.