Sept. 23, 2022 ~ Oct. 21, 2022
Theme to Use: All Hallow’s Eve
Form to use: short story or poem
As October 31st draws nigh, it’s time for tales which shock the soul. Let the horror stream or the allow the light to destroy the darkness. Whatever this day means to you, let us read your creative works.
Chapbook Volume V, center on the theme “All Hallow’s Eve” and what it means to you.
- A tale of horror,
- about the fun you had as children trick or treating,
- a mystical tale filled with dragons and witches,
- a poem spun based on the middle ages,
- or perhaps a piece about All Saint’s Day.
No matter what it may be, submit your piece and let us see what October 31st means to you.
- One (1) submission per entry. Multiple entries are welcome. Submission with more than one entry per form will not be accepted.
- Short stories cannot be over 1500 words max.
- All work submitted must be original and written by you, the author. We seek unpublished work for our chapbooks.
- Entries with basic spelling or grammar errors will be rejected. Please double-check your work before submitting.
- Submissions that are not formatted will be rejected. Please add paragraph breaks before submitting.
- Please include your name or pen name, bio, and website in the form below as we list it in the “Writers Bio” section. Bio should be written in the third person. If bio is missing, we will not consider your submission for publication.
- All selected authors for the Chapbook will receive a copy of the e-book edition via a download link.
- All selected authors considered for the Chapbook will receive a 7 days subscription to all content on writtentales.substack.com. e-Book’s available only to paid subscribers.
- You must read and agree to the disclaimer below to submit your work.
Written Tales magazine is self-funded; we are not able to pay for submission at this time. Please keep checking back as we update our guidelines often. To learn more about the magazine, please read our about page.
Selected work will appear on our website with a chance to be featured in our Written Tales Chapbook. They’re available to paid subscribers in pdf format. Those featured will receive a free copy.