Submissions Open — WT Chapbook vol. IX
Submission Closes In
As the world moves in ways many have never seen, some have become awakened, others elevated to a higher consciousness. One of clarity and enlightenment. Through conflict comes truth. Eye-opening revelations. Chapbook vol. IX focuses on the theme “The Awakening.” This can be a short story or a poem. You decide what it means to you.
- A time when the ah-ha moment kicked in, and life changed.
- When your mind, body & soul became clear, and you finally saw the world in all its wonder.
- An event that lifted the veil, you were once blind, and now you see.
- Maybe a universal moment that led you to a higher state of consciousness or awareness.
- A conflict in history or your life that opened your eyes.
- An accident or hardship that brought you closer to God.
- Or could it be a time when you realized nothing is what it seems, and you became aware of all that occurs?
No matter what it may be, submit your piece and let us see what “The Awakening” means to you.
Guidelines For .
- One (1) submission per entry with no more than four (4) total submissions. Submission with more than one entry per form will not be accepted.
- Short stories cannot be over 1500 words max.
- All work submitted must be original and written by you, the author. We seek unpublished work for our chapbooks.
- No A.I. derived work allowed of any kind.
- Entries with basic spelling or grammar errors will be rejected. Please double-check your work before submitting.
- Submissions not properly formatted will be rejected. Please add paragraph breaks before submitting.
- Please include your name or pen name, bio, and website in the form below as we list it in the “Writers Bio” section. Bio should be written in the third person. If bio is missing, we will not consider your submission for publication.
- All selected authors for the Chapbook will receive a copy of the e-book edition via a download link.
- Any author we select for publication is offered a coupon for 20% off our subscriptions. This include access to all content on writtentales.substack.com including past, current and future e-ChapBooks.
- You must read and agree to the disclaimer below to submit your work.
Written Tales magazine is self-funded; we are not able to pay for submission at this time. Please keep checking back as we update our guidelines often. To learn more about the magazine, please read our about page.
Selected work will appear on our website with a chance to be featured in our Written Tales Chapbook. They’re available to paid subscribers in multiple digital formats. Those authors selected for the Chapbook will receive a free digital copy.
If you have any questions, please contact us. To see a sample of previous editions, check them out on Amazon.com.