Written Tales vol. 3
Closed for Submissions
Calls for submissions are open for Volume #3 of our Written Tales Magazine print and e-book editions. Submissions are open until December 7th.
The theme for this edition is “Tis the Season.” After all, during the season’s anything can happen. We accept both poems and short stories.
- You may submit up to three poems for consideration.
- Short stories must be between 50 and 1500 words max.
- Any work submitted must be original and written by you, the author. We primarily seek unpublished work and will consider work that has appeared on your personal blog or website or previously published in another publication that is now inactive or closed, provided you own the rights. Please highlight if applicable.
- Entries with basic spelling or grammar errors will be rejected. Please double-check your work before submitting.
- Submissions that are not formatted will be rejected. Please add line and paragraph breaks before submitting.
- Please include your name or pen name, bio, and website in the form below as we list it in the “Writers Bio” section of the volume.
- All selected authors will receive a copy of the e-book edition via download link.
- You must read and agree to the disclaimer below.
The Written Tales magazine is self-funded; we are not able to pay for submission at this time. Our long-term goal is to pay writers for the work we accept for publication. Once we are financially able, we will. Please keep checking back as we update our guidelines often. To learn more about the magazine, please read our about page.